In the fall of each year, CLARK invites artists, collectives and curators to submit proposals for its programming. CLARK is open to a plurality of forms and approaches, without favouring particular disciplines or mediums. Whether exhibiting the work of emerging or seasoned artists, the Centre always seeks new groundbreaking practices. Proposals are selected by a programming committee.
The Centre has two exhibition spaces (for more details, see the gallery floor plan). CLARK pays exhibition fees to artists and curators according to standards set by the Regroupement des artistes en arts visuels du Québec (RAAV) and the Canadian Artists’ Representation / Front des artistes canadiens (CARFAC). It also offers exhibiting artists production support through Atelier CLARK, as well as technical assistance during exhibition installation.
If you have not received an acknowledgement of receipt by email following the submission of your proposal, please let us know as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your proposal must include:
- An updated CV (and your collaborator's, if needed)
- An artist statement (max. 300 words) and a project description (max. 500 words).
- Twenty (20) digital images of your work (jpg format, max. 8 MB per image). Installation views are recommended, if possible. A description of images (titles, dates, dimensions, medium) should be entered in the 'Caption' field adjacent to the uploaded image's thumbnail.
- For videos and sound, you may include web links (max. 10 minutes). If the sources are private, please add password.
- A detailed list of technical needs and other requirements, if needed.
- A proposed installation plan (optional).
The call for proposals are presently closed and will reopen in summer 2018. See you then ! :)